Private Renovation – James Street, Richmond
Carlier and Co brought this heritage property in Richmond back to life by restoring all and the walls and then applying a smooth hard plaster finish to Ceiling and walls. It needed a lot of love and care to bring it back to life for its new owners:
- We reboarded the ceilings,
- Removed all loose render from the existing walls,
- Chased out all of the cracks and tied them in with expanding metal to prevent any cracks reappearing,
- Primed and re-rendered the brickwork,
- Restored the existing wooden detail to finish the arches and corners and,
- Gave the ceilings and all of the walls two coats of smooth hard plaster by hand and polished with a steel trowel.
The end result was a smooth finish on all surfaces that would last for years, ready for painting.
Steve from Carlier & Co did a tremendous job in our house. It’s rare to find tradies that are also good craftsmen but Steve definitely belongs to this category. I couldn’t be any happier with the solid plastering work that was done in our heritage house in Richmond. The way Steve approached the whole job was extremely empathetic to the restoration project we are undergoing. No doubt we will call on Carlier & Co in the future when we tackle the other parts of the house.Guillaume Roux